Thursday, December 1, 2011

Cold #1

My family has been attacked. Squiggle was the first one to catch it. She held onto it a while, but being a sweet girl, she decided to share. Daddy, then Mommy, then Wriggly all have joined her in her fun.

For some reason, each time someone in my household gets sick, I believe I can escape it. Sure I say I expect to succumb, but I must not really believe it. I say this because I am always a bit surprised to wake up with a sore throat.

As a child I was always sick. There were phases I went through; croup, ear infections, strep throat, etc. I'd go to school, catch the first thing going around and just keep catching any available virus or bacteria until summer break. It didn't get better until I graduated high school.

Since then things have been better, but I still get sick fairly regularly. There have been two times in my life that I have been healthy. One was when I was downing Shaklee vitamins literally by the handful, three times a day. The other was when I drank a daily fruit smoothie. The first was stopped due to finances, those pills weren't cheap. (I did learn to take 9 pills in a gulp though. Not sure how that would be useful but still, it's a skill.) There's no good reason why I stopped the smoothies. I just did.

I'm going to try to get in the habit of making daily smoothies again. My family loves them and they aren't complicated or even very expensive. They say that kids average about eight and adults average about four colds a year. I'm going to strive for my family to be below average. We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment