Sunday, September 25, 2011

39 Weeks

That's a reality check for me. I've been unaware of how close this birth is. It's not really denial, just a general unawareness of time. It's been this thing that is coming up, but not imminent.

I've been making slow progress on my goals. I'm not thrilled, but I am content with it. And, after all, I have time. (Yes I know I've been complaining about not having enough time, but that is due to the weeks of steady work I'd have if I wanted to accomplish it all.)

Last night was my last Bradley class. I knew it was the last one, but that fact still didn't clue me in. After all, just because we finished the series doesn't mean that we'll all go into labor and have our babies now. One of my classmates might not even deliver in 2011.

However, I was looking at the calendar to see when the next convenient Midwife Circle was. (My midwife doesn't make appointments, she just has "office hours" when she is there and whoever wants to stop by, does.) In the next couple of weeks there is only one that is not in the morning.

Then I realized that I only have one week before I'm due. Yes, I could go late, but that was my moment of realization. This baby will be here soon. Very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment