Saturday, July 23, 2011

Swim Diapers

Before I had kids it never occurred to me to consider how non-toilet-trained individuals went swimming. That was one of many things that changed when I became a parent. I love the water and wanted to share that love with my daughter. So a friend told me about swim diapers. Disposable, obviously. Just as obvious was the near heart attack I experienced at the price.

Imagine a photo here of Squiggle in a disposable swim diaper.

Another friend told me that I could just use a regular diaper. Sure it would get waterlogged and soggy, but who cares? Uh, me? Isn't there any other choice.

Enter friend #3. She told me about reusable swim diapers. They are designed to contain solids. Sure they let urine through, but let's face it, we all know that someone has peed in that pool. Our babies and toddlers are not making any great contribution in that area. I found one and loved that cute little thing. It kinda reminded me of a cute version of those plastic pants my mom used when she used to cloth diaper, back in the day.
Yeah, it's blue. For $2 I didn't care.

Sadly my beautiful baby kept growing into a beautiful toddler. What to do now that she no longer fit into her little baby swim diaper? That's when all my internet research came in handy. Some brilliant woman discovered that an unstuffed pocket diaper can moonlight as a swim diaper. Oh happy day. I have enough of those (since I wash diapers everyday and prefer contours & covers) to cover an all day swim session.
They're also great for sprinkler play.

Now I just need more friends who have pools.

No comments:

Post a Comment