Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Microfiber is Neat

Recently, I got a microfiber cloth for free. I decided to try it out. Sure, there's a lot of hype, but I really thought cloth was cloth. Turns out, I was wrong.

Our banister was filthy. Like, caked on dirt filthy. I knew it would be a huge job to deal with, time consuming and no doubt requiring specialized equipment. I pictured myself with a Magic Eraser spending hours detailing the area.

I went to a party where a certain microfiber cleaning cloth was being sold. Needless to say, I couldn't afford it. But I did keep it in mind. When this other cloth was dropped in my lap I decided it couldn't hurt to try it. So I wet it and rubbed it on the paint. This thing attracted the dirt like a housecleaning Pied Piper. Hardly any elbow grease was needed, and no chemicals. I only did part, and I didn't take any photos to share. But I will. And I'll try to figure out how to post them to a blog that has already been posted. I'm not sure if that's even possible. Maybe I'll ask my wonderful new cloth. It's already done one "impossible" thing. Perhaps it will surprise me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment