Friday, June 3, 2011

Sciatica

I'm off to the chiropractor later. Monday night I had low back pain. Since I've had it before I wasn't too worried. Tuesday morning I woke up barely able to move. I spent most of the day sitting on the chair. By Wednesday I decided to get professional help. (Insert joke here.)

The chiro adjusted me, which went better than I anticipated considering my severly limited movement. He went on to tell me not to expect any relief from pain until Friday, and that I should come back in then. It is a suspected disc issue, but since I am pregnant I can't have the test that would determine that.

Meanwhile, I am stuck in my chair, unable to do most things. Which is an improvement from being able to do nothing, so I guess I shouldn't complain.  At least I don't need help to get on and off the toilet, anymore.

I am hoping with this second adjustment I regain mobility and see, or feel, significant pain relief. Because my family needs me. Poor Bug has been Mommy and Daddy to a Squiggle who doesn't understand why Mommy can't comply with her request, "Up!?" The laundry, dishes and other miscellaneous chores aren't doing themselves and I really want to get my house in good condition before Baby X arrives sometime this autumn. Which won't happen if I can't move enough to even shower myself.

So my chiro had better work some magic this afternoon. I have things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment