Thursday, June 9, 2011

English Lesson

I read a lot of blogs. Some for info, some for fun. Something I've noticed is that there are a lot of simple errors. Usually I can get past them. (Although I do notice them.) But sometimes it is so bad that I simply cannot continue to read. It doesn't matter how interesting the content is, if the writing is terrible, I can't force myself to read it.

Then I get angry. It seems that people just don't care. That good writing skills are unnecessary. After all, the content is what's important. Fewer people even seem to notice mistakes while more are making them. These are intelligent people, by and large, with interesting things to say. Just a little effort would make a huge difference in the quality of what they write. Whether the effort would be in education or proofreading.

So I've decided to do some simple English lessons. I'm by no means an expert, but I will start out with my pet peeves. Then I'll move on to new things. Along the way I hope to educate myself and improve my own writing. Perhaps I'll be able to help some others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment