Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Baby is Moving

I have now entered my favorite part of pregnancy. The baby is moving. I love the way that feels. The little flutters that start out so soft that you question if it isn't just your imagination. Then they get a bit stronger and more frequent and, yes, it IS the baby. I just love that. It's the one thing I could never complain about.

In fact, it is the one thing that in my 30-plus years of living, I have only heard two women complain about. And they are both rather miserable people who would find a downside to being handed a $100 bill with no strings attached. So they don't really count.

Most women I've met talk about how wonderful it is to feel their tiny babies wriggle around inside of them. Even if the pregnancy was difficult or unexpected. No matter what "type" of person they are. Young or old, hippie or preppy, religious or not, they all think it's neat.

When I was pregnant with Squiggle, it was absolutely my favorite thing about being pregnant. It was the one thing I knew I'd miss, even at 40 weeks, barely able to move around, and very ready to hold my baby in my arms. Sometimes I'd just sit there and concentrate on the little life squiggling around inside me. That is, in fact, how she got her (nick)name.

Now with the fluttering inside me, I feel very blessed to get to experience this miraculous sensation again.

No comments:

Post a Comment