Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Shhhhh! It's a secret!

I'm pregnant.  We'd been hoping, but it seemed unlikely.  After all, we tried for five years before we got Squiggle.  I guess "everyone" was right.  Conceiving the second time IS easier.

Last time we waited until the first trimester, and the major risk time for miscarriage, was over to tell anyone.  I doubt we'll be able to keep this one secret as long.  But I'm not comfortable announcing it just yet.  I'm still a bit scared of losing it.  It's superstitious, yes.  But I just feel like I'll be somehow jeopardizing this pregnancy if I tell everyone this early.  I also don't want to have to go back and tell everyone if something happens.  It may not be the healthiest way to be, but I'm a deal-with-it-privately sort of person.  After I've worked through it a bit I may tell, but not during.  If people don't know, it's not an issue.

But this blog is called Adventures in Babyhaving.  Originally I'd intended it to be about how my baby outside of my womb changed and continues to change my life.  Now I can start at the beginning and record the "having" instead of just writing about the having.  Confused?  Good.

I feel pretty safe announcing this here.  It seems doubtful anyone will read this before we make the official announcement.  (No doubt it will be on Facebook.  Otherwise it doesn't exist, right?)  Since I have one follower and do not currently promote my blog, nobody actually reads this.  But perhaps I'll start letting people know about this blog.  Pregnancy makes people do crazy things.  So, in case someone I know stumbles across this, PLEASE don't tell anyone.  Feel free to message me privately, but we'd like to tell people ourselves, in our own time.  Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I read your blogs! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I won't say anything until your official announcement! I'm so happy for you guys!! Call me sometime!!!

    ReplyDelete