Friday, December 31, 2010

Revenge of the Bugs!

Well, crap.  I thought I was done with this illness.  Back in mid-October I got sick.  Just your average cold - cough, runny nose, etc.  Usually it hits me hard for a few days and then backs off and just "hangs out" for a few more weeks.  This time was different.  Being in the middle of moving, with a baby who was transitioning to toddler, I was unable to rest at all.  So I ended up with bronchitis.  It sucked.  It also infected my Squiggle.  Poor baby was sick for weeks.  In fact, she just stopped coughing and smearing everything with snot last week.

Then, Wendesday, I started feeling icky.  By Thursday I was almost unable to talk.  Squeaks, growls and silence were all I could coax out.  (Much like a teenager.)  So I stopped talking in favor of sign language, which I've found doesn't work when the only other person in the house who understands it is also unable to speak.  Other symptoms include coughing uncontrollably while trying to nurse a fussy Squiggle to sleep, mucous congealing anywhere its flow is impeded, like my sinuses, nose and throat, and muscle weakness causing me to have to pause halfway up the staircase.

My voice is back today.  But the cough and mucous and fatigue seem quite comfortable where they are.  Their kids have already moved "next door" to my mom.  It's only a matter of time before these bugs attack my Bug.  My prayer is that my precious baby does not catch it again.  She deserves a break, and so do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment